At your consultation, we will make recommendations and help you to determine the package which best suits your needs, and which ensures you get the most value for the services we provide.
- Initial Package with Workbook (most popular and cost effective) – 3 hours of lawyer’s time AND 1 Workbook – $1,740 + GST ($1,827.00 total)
- More information about the Workbooks
- If additional hours required, $410/hour
- We will review the options with you if a Workbook is not recommended
- At the consultation, we can customize your fees and package together to determine the best option for you
- Independent Legal Advice on Interspousal Agreement
- If drafted by a lawyer: after the consultation, $410/hour – minimum 2 hours will be required
- If drafted by someone other than lawyer: fee estimate to be discussed at the consultation
Flat Rate Services
- Divorce Application – our fee is $2,500 + disbursements + GST
- Retainer: we require $3,200 retainer deposit prior to starting the paperwork
- Invoice: we will invoice once the divorce is completed and you have received your Divorce Certificate
- Separation Agreement – $2,500 + GST
- Retainer: we require a retainer deposit of $2,625 prior to drafting the agreement
- Invoice: we will invoice once the agreement has been drafted and delivered to you
- Payment Methods: Visa, MasterCard, e-transfer, cash, and cheque
- For Visa & MasterCard, we email an authorization form to you for ut to process your payment, or you may pay your invoice directly using the “pay now” button on the emailed invoice. We do not have physical machines, and so attending at our office is not needed.
- Retainer: We will also require arrangements to be made from the start as to how you plan on paying for services beyond the Initial Package (if applicable).
- Monthly Billing: We bill all legal services monthly around the 20th of each month. At that time, the following applies for payment:
- If you have a credit card on file: we will debit your credit card 5 business days after delivering to you your invoice. If you wish to pay in a different manner, please contact our office prior to the 5th business day.
- If you do not have a credit card on file: we will use your retainer deposit to pay your invoice. When your retainer reaches $800, we typically send out a trust request asking that the retainer be topped up.
- Payment Options for Ongoing Fees:
- Credit Card Payment: If you wish to pay monthly by pre-authorized credit card, we require a retainer deposit of $1,500 which is held until the conclusion of your file, and your monthly invoice will be paid using the credit card on file.
- Retainer Payment: If you prefer not to have your credit card on file, we can instead accept a retainer deposit of $3,000 from which we will pay your monthly invoice. We will require that your retainer is topped up periodically.