Our Family In Two Homes is a Resource Package which can be used when you work with Stephanie either as a Mediator or as a Lawyer. It is designed to increase the cost efficiency of the negotiation process by allowing the family to work independently through some issues, while having Stephanie for live meetings for the more challenging or complex issues. The Resource Package includes a Workbook for each parent plus 3 hours with Stephanie for a flat rate (more time can be added if needed).
The Workbook will support:
- Being informed of your legal rights and obligations specific to your province;
- Improving communication with the other parent;
- Making good parenting decisions now and as your children grow;
- Allocating finances and assets/debts for a healthy financial future;
- Meeting the unique needs of your family as you transition into two homes;
- Being able to work through and create proposals for some of your issues on your own, while having the support of the Mediator with live joint meetings.
It is intended that you will work through the Workbook on your own. Some parties choose to share their responses, but it is not required.
The Workbook allows you to take your own time to reflect on important questions related to the separation within a process that supports you in express yourself effectively and authentically. You will be setting a strong foundation on which to have the necessary tools to co-parent effectively and to support your children to be resilient as they transition into two homes.
When you first meet with Stephanie, she will explain Our Family In Two Homes and will assist you to determine if it is appropriate for you in either the Mediation or the Legal processes.