Working together, focusing on the future.
What is Collaborative Divorce
Collaborative Divorce is a family-focused decision-making process whereby parties work together with their specially-trained Collaborative Divorce lawyers to find creative solutions to their divorce issues while avoiding court. The parties commit to focusing on the future and to providing full disclosure of all relevant information throughout the process.
This process can also work for negotiating Cohabitation Agreements. It is simply a negotiation process which focuses on the above principles.
Will It Work For Me?
If you agree with the following statements, Collaborative Divorce may be right for you:
- I want to avoid having the Court decide my future.
- My children’s needs are my priority, above my own needs.
- I want to focus on the future.
- I understand that conflict is detrimental to my children’s development, and therefore want to reduce conflict between the other party and me
- I want a quick and efficient resolution.
- I want costs to stay as low as possible by directly negotiating in 4-way meetings rather than the lawyers negotiating for me through letter-writing.
- I need my lawyer to help me to understand my rights and obligations before I make long-term decisions for my family.
- I want my lawyer by my side to ensure that my needs and interests are being brought to the table.
- With the support of my Collaborative Divorce lawyer, I believe that I can make myself heard and understood.
If you think Collaborative Divorce may be right for you, contact us to book a free 10-minute phone call with Stephanie. Stephanie will explain the Process and get a gauge on whether the other party is willing to also hire a Collaborative Divorce lawyer. It needs to be a match, or the process cannot be entered. If the other party will not engage, then it is still possible to use Stephanie as your lawyer to do a modified form of the process. The options will be discussed during your meeting.